View Single Post
Old 08-06-2008, 12:23 AM   #1 (permalink)
silverfox
EcoModding Lurker

I think i will build a bike

Since i have discovered this site i have decided to make an electric motorcycle (made lots of the other kind - never tried an electric) - i have a Yamaha 750 shaft drive four cylinder that i don't think would be a good platform - i have 2 Honda 350 twins (one is a parts bike for the other one <g>) might use the parts bike, but i have a Kawasaki GPZ 550 that i think would be a better choice - I don't get around as well as i used to but i will try and strip the cow down this week and start measuring to see how much room i will have - then i will start looking for motors and battery's - if anybody that has any suggestions in this regard i would appreciate some input - i was thinking about somewhere around 7kw at 48 or 60 volts - i am going to try to design and build my own motor controller (PWM)
Perhaps some of the guru's on here can tell me if i am in the ballpark with this figure - also if anyone has a source for motors (i looked on line but pickings are slim - nobody around here has a forklift they want to give away)
I will post some pictures as soon as i have something to look at