View Single Post
Old 04-26-2016, 11:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
Avgjohndoe
Pizza deliver, need help

Question Hf motor/trans needs replacment

My engine and transmission will eventually need to be replaced. So I am starting my studies.

In short
Purchase site suggestions?
Usdm or jdm?
Top 91 hf eco engine + trans combo?

I am trying to find out some reliable websites to purchase a new engine from. I have seen a few sites listing such as Jdmquality, jdmracemotors, jdmnewyork, jdmflorida, ext I just don't know throwing a grand at one of these cookie cut sites . Yes I understand search reviews, I'm on that but just looking for where ecomodder feels reliable. (No long block listed on rockauto for the crx autozone O'Reilly advanced all want like $1500 but they do offer some 30 mile warranty)

Second there seems to be tons of jdm but relatively little usdm motors. Why (people who know what they are looking at) seem to want jdm so much; there has to be a practical difference that I'm not seeing. Is it jdm are all a used gamble with 30day tail light warranty resulting in the some $800 to replace half the stuff under the hood?

I am new to all this engine speak. Hp, stroke compression and so on. It's quite literally another language to me. My searches keep landing me in Honda Tech with one in dozens posts saying something I can truly understand. I just want the most economical engine transmission obd2 combo I can fit in the 91 crx hf.

BTW Thank the site coders for not making me re-write this when it had me log back in to post.