View Single Post
Old 04-29-2016, 04:44 PM   #53 (permalink)
NoD~
Master EcoModder

Frogger - '00 Honda Insight Gas Only (unHybrid)
90 day: 68.51 mpg (US)
I went for a drive after a few hours on 172v. It's never given me that much constant assist! And never did IMA light on me, either. I gave it all it had. After the gauge dropped 1/2-1/3 of the battery, it dropped pretty quick from there. Once it his about 2 bars, I stopped using it and got it home. Sat around 155 volts (after a bit of recharging on the way back). I will let it get a full charge again and repeat this process to hopefully bring some balance back, but I have WAY more faith in this process after today's drive!

I also pulled the rear tail and did some measurements to find LED replacement bulbs that will fit.

-Reverse light will go up to 1" longer than a stock bulb
-Marker/Brake light will go up to 1 3/8" longer than a stock bulb
-Turn light will go up to 1/4" longer than a stock bulb

So looks like Reverse and Brake lights can be demons in size, but turns are gonna have to be short. Visually, it looks like the front turns can be up to 1/2" longer, but I haven't actually measured it yet.

(How I measured is I took the stock bulb in the socket, measured that, then shoved my measuring tape inside the hole of the assembly to find maximum depth, then subtracted the two. Stock bulb rounded up and total depth rounded down, to give a bit of headroom, though the measurements were pretty tight.)

Now it's time to shop around and see what my true options are now!