View Single Post
Old 05-06-2016, 09:15 AM   #9 (permalink)
Daox
Administrator

CM400E - '81 Honda CM400E
90 day: 51.49 mpg (US)

Daox's Grey Prius - '04 Toyota Prius
Team Toyota
90 day: 49.53 mpg (US)

Daox's Insight - '00 Honda Insight
90 day: 64.33 mpg (US)

Swarthy - '14 Mitsubishi Mirage DE
Mitsubishi
90 day: 56.69 mpg (US)

Daox's Volt - '13 Chevrolet Volt
Thanked 2,585 Times in 1,553 Posts
Thanks for the comments guys. If there is anything else I should be looking for I'm all ears.

It is supposed to rain tomorrow, so I'll be looking for the wet seat belt problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalya View Post
Yeah that's the change drawer. Find a junkyard Insight and grab one off it. Do you know what those buttons do? I bet one is no-assist and the other is full-regen or forced auto stop.
Daschicken is right, that is not my car.

I did get a few more pics this morning before work of some of the cosmetic areas that could use attention. When I'll get to them is anyone's guess though.

It has the typical Honda peeling under the windows. Not sure weather most people respray this, or just chip it off and leave the chrome. I'm not too picky either way.

Here is the busted rear passenger skirt. No idea how to fix this or where it attaches even yet. I'll take a look at it another time. Its holding on so far.

This is the worst of the body stuff. I'm thinking I'll just dab in some paint to make it look a little nicer and call it good enough. Going beyond that is fairly major work.

Here is the missing change holder along with the driver's side carpet... I have absolutely no idea how you can wear down the pedals and carpet THAT much in 135k. Maybe the previous owner liked to 'dance' to his music while driving?

Thankfully, the driver's seat seems to be in pretty good shape. I've seen numerous ones with tears in them.

Last, but not least, I assume there was a speaker in this hole at one point. The other side is the same. It does have an aftermarket cd player. I have no idea what kind is it yet.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	insight01.jpg
Views:	1240
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	20028   Click image for larger version

Name:	insight02.jpg
Views:	968
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	20029   Click image for larger version

Name:	insight03.jpg
Views:	964