View Single Post
Old 05-07-2016, 09:47 PM   #52 (permalink)
rdefayette
Diesel Trucker

JD - '04 Dodge Ram 2500 QCLB 4x4 SLT
Last 3: 18.93 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowmover View Post
Topography. Or, as both Cummins and Kenworth note, follow truck spec as next in order for FE. They call it, terrain.

Thought of you when I recently made the mistake of running a 79000-lb truck between two PA Interstates on a state highway. Note to self: never again. That was on a run to near Hamburg out of IL. Terrain only begins to cover a narrow 8-percenter. Sure made my day longer.

Yes, if you ever did version two or three, the aero benefit would be obvious on the long flat land runs.

I see you're over by one of the nations best CB shops. DTB Radio. Ground (bond) that lid and bed correctly and you'd improve a roof mount antenna like the low key 1257 Harrisburg Pike, Unit B, Carlisle, PA perceptibly.
How have things been? What were you doing in Hamburg? Cabela's? Yes, DTB is right at the Middlesex exit off 81. 'Bout 14 miles straight north of me. I'm actually midway between Carlisle and Gettysburg. If you look at a topo map of PA. you'll see the ridge lies that get pretty bad in the Western and Northern parts of the state. The main roads pretty much follow the valleys and the state roads got what's left over..the switchbacks. God speed and don't be a stranger. Haven't had time to mess with the truck much lately. Been real busy at work and trying to get a couple of tractor restorations finished before I start on a front porch for the wife next month. Good-bye summer.