View Single Post
Old 05-09-2016, 02:48 PM   #10 (permalink)
sandras
EcoModding Lurker

My friend, the previous owner of the car, has taken out the centering rings out of the front wheels so today I put a pair back in. While the wheels were off I saw that the springs were blue. That's the most I can tell about my lowering suspension for now.

As I was about to drive the car from the friends home to mine I tried to roll down the driver's side electrical window. I forgot you're not supposed to do that because the mechanism is broken. Thankfully my brother helped me put the sunken window back in place. That's one more thing on the fix-list. I'm supposed to drive with the windows closed for aerodynamics anyway right? : ))

Tonight I'm going for a drive to get used to the car. I'm a new driver and this is a new-to-me car. I really do need some practice. Wish me luck.

As for the choice of EJ2. I had two Civic models on my mind. The first is what I call the College Civic. There are these Civics around that have College badges on them. They're 1.3 liter hatches, with windy windows, no sunroof, no tachometer. I believe they're EG3. Then there are the coupes. I think they are, like mine, LSi ones. unlike the College Civics these have all the luxuries - electric windows, sunroof, tachometer. What I liked was that there seemed to be only two variations of the coupe around while there are many more of the hatch. It makes it easier to find the exact car you're looking for and I suppose it would make it easier to find a complete donor for such a car. Circumstances also play a role. The fact that my friend had this coupe made it easier for me to purchase it. And if something goes wrong I can ask him about it. Also the car is black which I liked. And I seem to dig the back end of the coupe more than the hatch now. Unfortunately it weighs more. I didn't even think about a VEi (VX in USA) because they're very hard to find around here.

Short throw shifter sounds nice. Maybe when the funds allow.

No pics yet. Sorry.