View Single Post
Old 05-12-2016, 02:15 PM   #17 (permalink)
freebeard
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,584 Times in 7,068 Posts
Quote:
Well it looks like a few of us here at EcoModder will have to self-finance the free consumer information for the entire globe,just as we've been doing.
And I'm sure to make an absolutely fabulous contribution each year with my sub-poverty level pension income.
Dumpster-diving for cardboard and second-hand resin from Habitat for Humanity resale stores.Yeah,that 'll change the world alright.
Quoted For Truth. I hope I don't push that off the top of the page.

My story... 50-year-old 35' R-license park model located next to a Grocery Outlet, with 5¢/kWh electricity. I got it for $900 cash, with a membrane roof and an airconditioner. No TV so gas mileage is infinitude. Why would I want to go anywhere, when the whole world comes at me.

A thought... They make these beautiful polished and clear-anodized shells with a more pedestrian welded steel chassis; then separate them with a thin, 5/8" layer of something not much better than sliced lunch meat.

Suppose one got a salvagable shell and cross-braced the gutted interior like when you're chopping the top on a car, then lift it and substitute a layer of swing-door material—aluminum skinned plywood. On a sand blasted and POR-15'd frame.

I'd put a perforated Gurney flap all around the rear like the tail of a shuttlecock. Mostly within the wind shadow of the shell as a whole, it would slow the air close to the shell and pull the flow inward. In fact, that might be a field expedient fix for 1930s boat-tailing in general like the V-S V2.

Last edited by freebeard; 05-12-2016 at 02:20 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to freebeard For This Useful Post:
slowmover (05-03-2018)