View Single Post
Old 05-12-2016, 07:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
kalamazoo1080
SpaceshipVX

Talking 1992 Civic VX Ecomodder

Hey, guys and gals! Selling my ecomodder Honda Civic VX! The car has been great, but I'm going to Korea for the next 9 months and want to purchase a newer car when I return. The extensive aero mods were done by the previous seller. I have simply maintained and driven this unique car over the past year+. I have HUGE respect for the work that has gone into this car over the years, but I simply don't have the time for another project. The details:

1992 3-door VX Hatchback
Clean title in hand
189,392 miles
1.5L I4 VTEC-E Engine (D15Z1)
5-speed economy-geared transmission
Completely mechanically stock other than 1.5" lowering springs

Modifications:
Front lip extension
Front air dams
Wiper deflector
Front wheel-well modification
Sideview mirror delete
Side skirts
Rear diffuser
Custom rear cambak/side skirts/wheel covers (tied into diffuser to box the tail)
Lowered 1.5" all around
A/C delete (12v fan and fresh air vent installed)
Rear seat delete
Rear upholstery delete (rhinolined)
Spare delete
Passenger's seat delete
Driver's seat replaced with Sparco Star racing seat
Wide-view racing mirror installed for visibility
MPGuino on custom pillar-mount
Vacuum gauge on same pillar
And more that I'm undoubtedly forgetting...

The car is incredibly light, and even compared to my wife's stock '93 VX it just coasts through the air up to about 75mph. Unfortunately, I'm not able to hyper-mile much on my 45 minute commute to/from work due to the route, so I'm only seeing some of the benefit of this car. Even so, I'm averaging around 50mpg hand-calculated (on test-drives I've hit 60+ on straight and flat roads).

This car needs a mileage-obsessed tinkerer to continue modding and improving the car's performance and efficiency. If this sounds like you, drop me a line!

As far as maintenance is concerned: the previous owner used only Mobile 1 Full Synthetic with quality filters, and I've continued the trend, changing it at 7,000mi intervals. He also changed the transmission fluid shortly before selling the car, so around 1.5 years ago (not sure of mileage). I installed new plugs, wires, distributor cap, fuel filter, and air filter ~2000mi ago. I also had to replace the clutch fork recently, so I replaced the clutch slave cylinder and throw-out bearing while I was in there, including flushing the clutch fluid. Vinyl applique on roof needs to be heated and re-stretched or re-glued (or removed), just haven't had a chance to take care of it.

Feel free to shoot me any questions you might have. Ecomodders, come hither! Car is in Vass, NC. Asking $4500.

Posted to Craigslist as well, but I'm hoping to sell to a true ecomodder, and not some kid who is going to pull everything off and run it into the ground. Had hoped to link the ad with the HQ pictures, but I don't have a reputation of 5+ yet. When I get a sec I'll shrink down the pics and post them in the forum as well. In the interim, feel free to search Fayetteville, NC Craigslist for 1992 VX Ecomodder.