View Single Post
Old 05-13-2016, 08:58 AM   #78 (permalink)
NoD~
Master EcoModder

Frogger - '00 Honda Insight Gas Only (unHybrid)
90 day: 68.51 mpg (US)
Alright Ecky, you talked me into it... got up early this morning and trimmed.

Still need to do the upper, but one thing at a time! Thanks for the advice.

elhigh: Yeah the color is awesome. There's some newer little Chevy(?) out there I've seen in a very close to the color of mine. Not sure what model it is, though. Had one park next to me at the gas station the other day. Should have taken a pic...

Xist: Yes I did!

Got new speakers coming in this weekend. Think I'll fiberglass a small sealed 8" sub into the rear passenger corner in that dead space and use the smallest, most efficient amp I can get...

Polk DB651 6.5" Coax Speakers
Kenwood KMM-BT315U Media Interface
NVX NMV1 Amp (200x1)
Infinity Reference 860W 8" Subwoofer

Since this head unit will let me, I'll likely get a pair of tweets on the dash, ran to the "Front" of the deck, and the coax to the "Rear" outputs. This will allow me to cross over the tweets on the dash at a higher frequency to keep them safe and clean, high pass the door speakers to keep them from trying to play bass they can't, and low pass and volume control on the subwoofer. One of my goals with this setup is to keep the weight to a minimum, yet be efficient so that it's not eating my 12v system alive. Hence, why all these components were chosen. (Not to mention, the price on these are great! The amp is maybe a little spendy, but size + weight + efficiency are worth it to me)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160513_060831.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	26008  

Last edited by NoD~; 05-29-2019 at 09:26 AM..