Thread: Hello!!
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2016, 02:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
spikie
EcoModding Lurker

Cool Hello!!

Hey everyone!! Greeting from Canada.. Recently stumbled upon this site and have been lurking for a few week, found great tips and ideas to increase my MPG's. I recently purchased an 05 Dodge SX2.0 5spd 2.0L after driving a 5.7 Hemi for the last 10 year in a quest to save money on fuel. I've constantly had 2 car on the go, Im a bit of a car guy and have been more after the power and economy. I build up a little 97 Hyundai accent GT swapped out to a 2.0L DOHC engine build up to give or take 180hp for a 2000lbs car. This has been my daily commuter over the summer for last few years and the 28-32MPG i was averaging kept me happy, but there is too much upkeep and downtime with a car that is so heavily modified. Thus lead me to drive my Gas guzzling Durango (mind you i could get 24.5mpg on long trips) but as daily commuter and a 170km+ round trip daily gets expensive. Also have a couple classic cars in my collection neither of which get good mileage..

I'll stop rambling and get to where im at.. my $900 neon.. great little car but not as good as i expected.. started off with 26.5mpg on my first tank (lead foot and cold weather didn't help). Being more on top of my style has helped get me to 28.5 over a few tanks, I've also installed a Cold Air Intake which saw a 1-2MPG gain over the next few tanks, switched to Synthetic oil as well and bumped the pressure in my tires to 44psi, I've got it up to 31-32.5mpg. My last tank I've started using EOC on long hills and stretches i can coast for periods without interfering with traffic, safety ect.. I've done this in the past with my Hyundai as I'm hitting close to 4,000rpm cruising in 5th @ 130-140km/hr(75-80mph) as well as coasting with clutch in. Anyways i have gotten up to 33.7MPG on my last tank which is my personal best, my girlfriend gets 34.5MPG in her car(03 Accent GSi) and am on a quest to beat her..

Next step Engine Kill Switch and front air damn/spoiler..