View Single Post
Old 05-16-2016, 05:22 AM   #11 (permalink)
Veen
EcoModding Lurker

Veen's '09 FIT - '09 Honda FIT Sport
Team Honda
Wagons
90 day: 43.41 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by marky899 View Post
Would it not be a good idea to just connect into the actual key switch wiring so when the Normally open witch is closed, it replicated turning the key to off mod and when released, it replicated turning it back on.
I may be looking into the key switch circuit for my car if the injector circuit doesn't work out. My biggest concern with key off is all the other systems it may kill. I doubt electronic key off would lock up the steering column but you can bet I'd test it thoroughly before hitting the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baltothewolf View Post
Veen, I would recommend not continuing to kill your car with that method. Your vehicle is doing what is called 'dieseling' in essence, your car is spraying fuel and detonating it without spark. Very unhealthy. Go the injector method, it's tried and true.
Thanks for the head up Balto. With the extra toggle switch, it was easy to disable my kill switch so I didn't use it out of habit. Now I just need to figure out an injector or key off kill... and look into a cleaner product for the engine. I'm sure I added a little carbon build-up with the dieseling