View Single Post
Old 01-12-2008, 04:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
personx
EcoModding Lurker

Yet another new guy

Hello All
I’m from the hills of central Virginia, I just found you all the other day and have been reading older posts. Trying to play catch up. I had to laugh at myself because when I first found you I thought that I might be a little odd as I ride my bicycle most of the time and drive my little Isuzu pickup just maybe once a month. It is fifteen years old and has only 60,000 miles on it and I’d bet that in the last three years I’ve only added less than a thousand miles to it. But I see that we have much in common. I have been very lucky to live close enough to be able to ride my bike (one hour commute w/showers available) but that may be coming to an end the first of April with the job I’m doing ending. Out here in the sticks there is not much to go for so I might be commuting into town (60 mi round trip mostly hwy.). So I’m looking at modding my truck for some better FE. I used to be into airplanes and have read much over the years about their aerodynamics but from reading your stuff and going to some of the links I’m finding that it’s really two different worlds, makes me fill in need of much re-education. I have lots of questions but will save those for another time.

-mike-