View Single Post
Old 05-22-2016, 03:13 PM   #2761 (permalink)
thingstodo
Master EcoModder

Ford Prefect - '18 Ford F150 XLT XTR

Tess - '22 Tesla Y LR
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPaulHolmes View Post
Thingstodo, I think it's an excellent idea to get versions going here. Let's set the version you are using right now as the official "VERSION 0.1".
I've attached the version that I am running, which is listed as 1.0. I can change it to version 0.1 ... but I'm using a different compiler than you are .. since we could not get the old compiler running with my laptop when I was at your place.

Rather than post a hex file that has not been tested .. using a newer compiler ... well - I'm a paranoid , I'm posting this one.

Quote:
Let's pick thingstodo's testing files as the official starting point, and then branch from there.
I'm posting them as tested.

Quote:
Should we do a single project that's ONLY for induction, and one that's only for permanent magnet? I'm inclined toward that. At first it seemed no big deal to do all of them in a single file, but right now I'm finding that there are significant differences between induction+encoder, permanent magnet+encoder, permanent magnet + resolver type 1, permanent magnet + resolver type 2, permanent magnet + resolverEncoderHybrid (the Yasa motor uses this strange thing), ... I have 5 test motors, and all 5 of them are fundamentally different in their position sensing and/or motor type.
One version per motor type makes sense to me. If the code can be consistent in naming, include files, libraries, etc it will still be a chore to put them all together in one package later ... but as simple as possible is always good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehzeh View Post
If you want to start separating them, then github would be the bets bet actually. Just start a project for induction and fork for brushless.
Github it is!

Attached Files
File Type: zip PaulHolmesACController1_0.zip (83.6 KB, 66 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thingstodo For This Useful Post:
MPaulHolmes (05-23-2016), mpgmike (03-20-2022)