View Single Post
Old 05-23-2016, 12:11 AM   #7 (permalink)
GreenHornet
Master EcoModder

This is a suitable motor that I will be using for a series hybrid project that would work well for a home built BAS system.These are Brushless and over 90% efficient. Use one of these models in conjunction with a sinewave controller and you would be in business. These are powerful, lightweight, inexpensive and can be customized to suit your needs. These are very robust and rugged motors that are also proven and no I am not affiliated with them in any way just know from many others that they are for real.

Brushless Motor Options:

#1. RV-160 Short | REVOLT
#2. RV-160 Pro | REVOLT

Sinewave controller options

#1. KLS7250D,24V-72V,400A,Sinusoidal Brushless Motor Controller - Kelly Controls, LLC
#2. KLS7275D,24V-72V,500A,Sinusoidal Brushless Motor Controller - Kelly Controls, LLC

Now battery options which will depend on how much electric you want if it is for just stop and go traffic and launches then you need for little in KWh less than 1kwhr to put in perspective. The first Honda Insight had less than 1kw in its pack of NiMH batteries. I would go with Lithium Iron Phosphate which are not the lightest most compact lithium batteries but are the safest and easiest to work with in my opinion. If you go with true 20ah 12V batteries then GBS are a good option for price and support. A 48V system would give you 960 watt hrs pretty close to the First Gen Honda Insight but these are Lithium so superior in my opinion. Or you could go 60V which I would recommend and then you are at 1.2 kilowatt hrs. With a larger car this would help a lot. Remember that the heavier the vehicle the larger system you need. More volts is more efficient. The Honda Insight first Gen used a 144V system. There are a ton of battery options available the first and most important thing to decide is priority like launching, stop and go etc then appropriate voltage to make it happen. Then you can go from there.

#1. Elite Power Solutions
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GreenHornet For This Useful Post:
California98Civic (05-23-2016), teoman (12-29-2019)