View Single Post
Old 05-31-2016, 04:24 PM   #2044 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,223 Times in 4,650 Posts
interpretation

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumby79 View Post
Nice find Aerohead #2040 if i go to a flatbed this is essentially the shape I would modify my truck to meet with an easily removable Arrow cab maybe even collapsible onboard storage while maintaining an aerodynamic profile to suit the load. Start the rear fairings at about the wide point in the body (mid door) and scoop it in at the appropriate angles maintained attached flow and take her out to the tip like a wing
Biuld a strong decking of Aluminum. And an Oratex 6000 and cromemoly (better weight = strength ratio)truss side bordswith the proper angles built like the tail of a Piper Cub.
This is a possable answer for those asking what to do for a PU with a flat bed....
----
Could you draw up you're interpretation of what I have described now mind you it must have an opening hatch that you can put a refrigerator and strap the top down( maintaining some semblance of aerodynamic profile in the open position) fit a washing machine ( withthe control panels removed), the lid fully clothed as my current design is capable of.
I'm gonna try to photograph the Dodge pickup project which I abandoned in 2005,when I got the T-100.
It has a plywood skeleton of an aeroshell atop a plywood flatbed.The flatbed has underfloor side pods and a garage for the spare tire,between the frame rails (as the 1st gen Ridgeline has used).
It will be better than a drawing and easier to produce,as everything about it is a compound surface,virtually impossible to render.Only KamperBob and Low & Slow have seen it.
Give me a little time to make that happen.
BamZipPow (06-02-2016), gumby79 (06-02-2016)