View Single Post
Old 06-07-2016, 01:22 PM   #13 (permalink)
freebeard
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,554 Times in 7,041 Posts
elhigh -- Malformed link. The URL has an IMG tag. The reason I know is my browser won't show embedded videos. I always have to use the link, and in this case I had to use the Quote button to even see it.

I've curious about the relationship between Electrameccanica and Intermeccanica. Intermeccanica make the Kubelcar. They've produced 2400 handbuilt cars in ever. That shop is going to produce 25K units/year? They bought all the extant Sparrow bodies and used one as a development platform?

His claim is to have been been around since 1959 (longer than GM and Tesla (?)). Yet all they are showing is a rendering and a goal of 25,000 units at $20,000. With a $2000 deposit (now $250 on their website).

I'm bummed because I was going to get an Arcimoto SRK and put a full envelope body with integrated saddlebags and a Telsa nose. That's exactly what their single-seater w/ steering wheel looks like. They give up the back seat for a steering wheel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhazard
So the single rear wheel is the drive wheel. Why does this seem like a bad idea to me?
That's a good question - why?
Impacted snow in the middle of the lane? Half the contact patch for the drive wheel[s]?

What important to me is torque vectoring, I don't think you can do that with a single wheel. I hate open differentials on black ice.

Last edited by freebeard; 06-07-2016 at 01:56 PM..