View Single Post
Old 06-08-2016, 08:22 AM   #61 (permalink)
KFM
EcoModding Lurker

Terminator - '00 Honda Insight Base
Team Honda
Gen-1 Insights
90 day: 72.78 mpg (US)

High Voltage - '12 Chevrolet Volt
Team Volt
90 day: 108.44 mpg (US)
Oh, doesn't look like you've wired up your switches, yet, either.

One thing that helped me was to unplug the brake and clutch cables, pull them down as far as you can, then cut them as close to the plug as you feel comfortable, then take them out of the car and solder some wires on to give you some more length.

Aha! I found it. I made a nifty little diagram so I wouldn't forget how to do this later. Moving this up here because I think it'll make it easier to make sense of what you're looking at:

This will make it way easier when wiring them up, as you have very little room to work in, and the wires are pretty tightly wired. I'm pretty sure under all that black tape is the clutch switch.

Looks like I only did this on one on mine, but you can see ( green and yellow wires vs the green and white ) how much more room it gives you to play with.

Mine were already pretty much destroyed ( by my first attempts at doing this ) by the time I figured this out, but Cowmeat's looks much better, as I started figuring things out by the third time that I'd done it.

Oh, also, TAKE THE SEAT OUT and get a pillow for your lower back where the floor steps up. It doesn't take much time and while your back still won't thank you for it, it won't be screaming bloody murder for two days, either.

Last edited by KFM; 06-08-2016 at 09:05 AM.. Reason: Moving diagram to the top.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to KFM For This Useful Post:
Daox (06-08-2016), Joggernot (06-08-2016), MetroMPG (06-08-2016), pgfpro (10-08-2016)