View Single Post
Old 06-09-2016, 02:24 PM   #11 (permalink)
NoD~
Master EcoModder

Frogger - '00 Honda Insight Gas Only (unHybrid)
90 day: 68.51 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion210 View Post
A popular way of removing the sound deadening without (much?) scraping is using dry ice and smacking it. I've used a heat gun and scrapers. After being so old, most of it was detached anyway.

I went nuts years ago with neons and weighed so many things. Maybe it will give you some ideas on how much something may way or what you could remove.
https://forums.neons.org/viewtopic.php?t=278316

Just about everything was weighed on a digital scale I use to ship things that's nearly identical to the weights of things I ship from UPS/Fedex/USPS. You may find that if you weigh something, other people's weights are way off.
Ah, another Neons.org member I did a lot of weight redux on my neon, like making my trunk a skin, crossmember removal under hood, gutted rear doors, etc. I think I got it down to... 2150 with full interior, if I recall? Edit: Found my old post! Link Here

Anywho, I'm doing the same thing you did with the Insight with a scale that's pretty accurate (checked with a 100g weight)... Link Here
Any time I pull something out, for good or not, I weigh it to try and keep a running tally of my total weight.