View Single Post
Old 06-12-2016, 03:53 AM   #10 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Mazda CX-5 - '17 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 26.68 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,390 Times in 3,364 Posts
I'm more patriotic than most in that I'm more willing to put my own skin in the game, so that's why I have high admiration for your service.

Why are you unsure of your service contributing to the greater good? The main purpose of having a trained and equipped army is not to fight battles, but to be so powerful that war is avoided in the first place. I imagine your function contributes to military readiness, and that is a service.

As far as involvement in quagmire conflicts goes; I expect the US to show greater restraint in deploying in the near future as the pendulum of public opinion swings back towards isolationism.

Not all decisions should be reduced to monetary benefit. If that were the case, I would recommend that you become a lawyer, hedge-fund manager, or drug kingpin. Do what you're good at.

Finally, are you the type that has the discipline to work those extra jobs and invest the extra funds? Use your past experience to inform yourself of what your future actions likely will be. If you're not the best at investing surplus income, then a structured retirement benefit like the one provided by the Army is the wiser choice.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!
The Following User Says Thank You to redpoint5 For This Useful Post:
mcrews (06-12-2016)