View Single Post
Old 06-14-2016, 11:55 AM   #28 (permalink)
freebeard
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,584 Times in 7,068 Posts
Quote:
It is entirely possible this conversation has gone as far as it should.
Was it something I said?

Quote:
From what I understand, they initially thought it would be quick, easy, and glorious.
Same with World War I, and look at how that one turned out.

Quote:
I did not give any reasons for hating it, did I? I wish that I knew! I have been home five years now and I have difficulty sleeping almost every night. I will call the VA and see if I can work a sleep study into my schedule.
Consider moving to a state where you can legally self-medicate.

Quote:
I did my job to the best of my ability. I cannot think of anything I did to make the country any worse than when I arrived, while we worked with the Afghan National Army and the Afghan National Police to make it a safer place. We did micro-loans for members of the community. We provided farm tools. When I say "we," I was involved in each of those activities.
In my case, I was attached to the 2nd Civil Affairs Company. The first half of the tour, I had the company motor pool, but the 2nd half I lived in a province capital in a VN apartment building and we rode around looking at foot bridges and school houses being built, and distributing food and building materials. It was almost like being in the JFK's Peace Corps.

I was shot toward but no at.