View Single Post
Old 06-18-2016, 08:54 PM   #4 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Cracking Honda door panels

I believe I experienced this with my Prelude. I probably did with my Accord. I remember taking off the panels because the upholstery was falling off, but I hit an elk before I was able to fix that. I have removed the panels a couple of times in my Civic, they were cracked the first time, and taking them on and off has only made them worse.

I think the Arizona heat is especially rough on plastic.

When I fixed my window, a piece of plastic fell off. I epoxied it back and it simply fell off again the other day. I thought the only actual fix was replacing the panels, but all of the ones that I see cost hundreds of dollars, although I do not have any idea how to search for them on car-part.com. The plastic seems to be cracking further while mounted. This guy: Cracked Door Panel Repair / Reinforcement | ClubCivic.com - Your Online Civic Community

recommends using this stuff: SEM 39747 Multi Purpose Panel Adhesive Dual Mix Cartridge 207ml | eBay

Leave it alone? Is there some cheaper alternative? Is that product or something similar available in larger quantities? Thanks!