View Single Post
Old 08-07-2008, 08:48 AM   #20 (permalink)
MazdaMatt
Master EcoModder

2k2Prot5 - '02 Mazda Protege5
90 day: 33.82 mpg (US)
I'm Canadian and I find all of his anti-american jokes funny. Very funny. Mullet is correct in his thinking - America is the most obese country in the world. Your south has a reputation for incest. You consume more oil per capita than anybody. You elect leaders that enjoy blowing up countries of people who are different. Your "sports cars" have historically been big heavy pieces of crap with monster engines in them, etc etc etc (and another etc).

Does this mean that I hate americans? No, my best friend is half American, I used to have aspirations to move there to make some good money in engineering, I appreciate the technological advancements and drive to improve the world (though the method is questionable).

Laugh it off, man. I laughed at Montey Python's gay dancing lumberjack routine. Har har, yes we have a history as lumberjacks in canada...

I'm sure brits laugh it off when americans call them (let me quote antoher signature here) Tea Swilling Crumpet Eaters. And lets not forget the other stereotypes of brits... the simpson's "Big Book of British Smiles", the stereotypes of horrible food and flaming prissy prancers "is he gay, or british?"

LIGHTEN UP! If there's something i hate in this world, it is people that try to tell other people to hate. I will not hate Clarkson because he is funny.

In similarly hilarious fashion, has anybody seen the episode where they travelled to some southern hicktown in the states and decorated each other's cars in a competition to see who could avoid getting killed? That was golden and an excellent fuel for the Clarkson anti-american fire. The monkeys... er... americans started throwing rocks and beer bottles like... monkeys. It was funny.