View Single Post
Old 06-21-2016, 01:07 AM   #9 (permalink)
t vago
MPGuino Supporter

iNXS - '10 Opel Zafira 111 Anniversary

Suzi - '02 Suzuki Swift GL
*cough* *cough* *cough*

Wow! This old thread sure gathered a lot of dust! Hope I don't catch a cold from all of this dust I knocked off of it!

Anyhoo, basically gave up on trying to attach an air conditioning clutch to my existing power steering pump, and am re-pursuing this MR2 pump option. I think I found a good spot, too. I'm going to attach the pump to right below where the battery sits. With the existing power steering pump removed, the MR2 EHPS fits right in. I have to get an 82 inch length drivebelt.

Had to order some Summit Racing fittings to construct a supply hose, and the parts should get in by Thursday.

Thinking of programming an Arduino to control the IDUP B1 pin to my truck's PCM, the EFI enabling signal B6 pin to the EHPS, do the necessary divide-by-two of the VSS signal, and drive an LED based off the warning lamp WL C4 pin. The Arduino would also get signals from the transmission control module and the brake lamp switch, so it could turn off the EHPS whenever the truck was in Park, or the brake pedal was pressed.