View Single Post
Old 06-21-2016, 01:55 PM   #17 (permalink)
dfeldt91
EcoModding Apprentice

Mazda 3 - '06 Mazda 3 iTouring
Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeEcoNukem View Post
Thanks again for all of the input. I will probably not take off any more small pieces, I am however trying to find a good deal on a carbon fiber hood bc mine is a banged up from the pervious owner. Every little bit helps no matter how small.
I say go big or go home! You don't want your Honda to be like every other Honda out there, make it your own. Also, driving a car with no sound deadening is awesome when the car has a decently powered engine, at least to me. I love the sound of the engine.

A carbon fiber hood is not a good thing to buy in my opinion. It doesn't save a lot of weight for the amount of money you are spending. If the goal is to save fuel then the $500 or whatever could be spent building a kammback or possibly an engine swap, or even buying a ton of coroplast to really cover the bottom to make it more aerodynamic.

According to the online MPG calculator, removing the 400 pounds from my vehicle only gives me 2.5 MPG in ideal conditions. If I were to decrease the Cd by .02 I would have the same results with a full interior. So it would be as simple as adding an under engine cover and removing the passenger wiper.

I would never go back to a stock car. I really do enjoy the stripped out Passat. It is different. How often do you come across a gutted Passat? Never! But was it worth it to save the fuel economy (which I haven't even realized in testing.)?

The answer is: Most definitely not.
The Following User Says Thank You to dfeldt91 For This Useful Post:
DukeEcoNukem (06-21-2016)