View Single Post
Old 07-01-2016, 03:25 PM   #25 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Our dryer has broken down twice recently and the landlord came and took a again. There was a screw on the floor and when I closed the door, the front shook. I realized the bottom of the front was detached and I could pull it away from the dryer. When the landlord came back, he said he reattached the front, although the screw was still on the floor, and it did not seem much better. Somehow he did not understand that it did not work, nor did he realize he took my screwdriver, so I asked him to drop it off the next time he came by.

He gave it to me the next morning, but I was changing, so I did not take the time to ask about the dryer, and he was gone when I was dressed. I e-mailed him, but he did not respond, and I did not feel like wasting quarters just to find out.

I dried my whites on hangers in my closet and left my darks in the washer all day. The whites were dry, so I hung up my towels. I was surprised, those dried overnight. Our air conditioning is set to 77°, but I left the fluorescent light on!

I mentioned ultrasonic and vacuum drying to my roommate who says they line dry in their greenhouse. I asked "In't it too humid?"

"We don't have any plants in there!"

Oh.

Of course.