View Single Post
Old 08-07-2008, 04:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
diegudio
EcoModding Lurker

diegudio's leonidas - '09 Seat Leon 1.4 TSI

the big ship - '11 VW Sharan
This is Diego saying Hi from Spain!

Hi all there!... my name is Diego, I'm a 30 years-old Aeronautical Engineer from Argentina right now living in Madrid, Spain.

I'm an enthusiastic of mechanics, and I always wanted to make my own vehicle. I planned to build it when I was living in Argentina, but then came out a work here in Spain and I have to leave my DIY projects for a (i hope not long) time... Actually I live in a flat, so it's quite difficult (and frustrating) to advance with my relegated project.

I called the original project "Vorsprung", that in german means "Advantage"... Here you have some pics to check it out...

It was going to be a light steel frame with a fiberglass cover, and the original idea was to move it with a Honda 4-stroke 125cc engine extracted from an old quad... I promise to post the hole story on an specific post...

Now I'm working in the idea of an electric motorcycle... It will be great to transport me to my job but I don't know if it will be legal here in Spain... I will start it as soon as I can move to a house with a garage!!!

I hope to learn a lot from this site and all your comments and help!

Ok, that's all for now...

Cheers!

ex VW Polo 1.9 TDI 100 CV (74 kW) - 47,1 MPG - diesel