View Single Post
Old 07-08-2016, 04:10 PM   #2789 (permalink)
MPaulHolmes
PaulH

Michael's Electric Beetle - '71 Volkswagen Superbeetle 500000
Thanked 1,202 Times in 765 Posts
OK I just got back home at like 3:30am. phew! We came through the redwoods from Washington. Someone should have told me that they were around the same size as the olympic national park trees. haha. My kids learned all sorts of things while in Lacey, WA. What it looks like to see drivers smoke a bong and drive at the same time, all sorts of awesome things were learned. They also learned what a green plus sign means, and never to get coffee at a small espresso stand anywhere in Lacey until they are 18. Good old washington. But I digress!

I got a 3 phase grid tie working based on the AC controller code! Now if we ever move to a 3rd world country and they need a 1MW grid tie for a town, I can hook a brother up. The grid really is just a spinning motor. You can charge a battery bank by "regenning" from the grid, and you can "spin the motor faster" by twisting the throttle the other way, and feed power to the grid. Beautiful, glorious "dc" current control (even though it's AC).

Hi Yukon_shane, I need to get the board made first, and somebody is going to help me to get the metals fabbed. I need to do that first. I noticed that people who have money can do things fast, and people who are always broke do things slowly. It's a fascinating observation that I have just recently discovered. So, I don't want any money though until I get the metals made up. I want to get to a place where I can have the kit done BEFORE anybody sends me money for it. That way, I wouldn't be in such big trouble if something went wrong.