View Single Post
Old 01-13-2008, 05:19 AM   #16 (permalink)
duca
EcoModding Lurker

He he Schultz, I don't think I would go around with a wrench in my car to open up every other city light to plug in my EV.
While we have recharging possibilities here in our city, they are far below the minimum critical mass needed and are almost all concentrated in and around the centre of the city, no publicity was given so only the "EV freaks" among the population know about it. First time I stopped for recharging soon a couple of people stopped by with "AHA!"-faces saying "Ah! That's what these strange things are here for!".
On the other side it's still better than nothing at all. I think that it is up to the local administration, as part of the policy they want to make for reducing emissions, to find a way to improve the plug network dedicated to recharging EV. This is not to say that the plugs must come from the mayor and be free of charge (they are F.O.C. now here in this "pilot period" but will ned a prepaid card in the future). Incentivating stores to put plugs at client's disposal taking charge of the installation costs sure is an option: the consuption for the time the client is in the store is quite laughable at and, if there is a public interest involved in it, you could put a counter before the plug and be allowed to detract the expenses for that plug from your taxes or such.