View Single Post
Old 07-12-2016, 01:48 AM   #45 (permalink)
serialk11r
Master EcoModder

spyder2 - '00 Toyota MR2 Spyder
Quote:
Originally Posted by roflwaffle View Post
A 5.3L running on 4 cylinder (~2.6+L?) might be a bigger jump. I'm guessing your car maybe requires ~25hp at 55mph, and your LT1 makes ~80hp at 1k rpm, which puts you at ~30% load.

Corvette C7 LT1 vs Our LS3 dyno graphs - Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Going to ~60% load might make low speed cruising a lot more efficient if you can tolerate how the engine runs with AFM on.

http://www.tulatech.com/uploads/7/5/...13-01-0359.pdf
Wrong LT1, this is the old LT1, which is a little smaller and makes a bit less power, probably more like a bit under 70hp.

@ the OP, this is amazing and inspirational. I cannot believe you went with manual steering on that car...makes me feel like a wimp for struggling to turn my steering wheel with the engine off. If I were you though, I'd just go with a 2.74 final drive instead of the transfer case or a swappable diff, because your rpms are so low that you might actually do better P&Ging at a higher rpm. As you mention, you are already using 5th gear to pulse, why not just have 6th gear be like 5th and get a shorter 1st at the same time?

I kind of want one of the European gas guzzling V8 sports cars someday, if I can break 30mpg in one of those I'd be super happy already, nevermind 40.