View Single Post
Old 07-13-2016, 04:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
Shizzy
EcoModding Lurker

The Nine Eight Cavi - '98 Chevy Cavalier Rally Sport
The entire purchase of the vehicle was based on the fact that my friend was daily driving this thing up until he stumbled upon a cream puff 99 Toyota 4Runner and asked me if I knew anyone who might want to buy his Cavalier. So, of course I jokingly asked what my "buddy price" was. He was asking $1000, so he told me $800. Since I had just had Central air installed in my house and had a pile of window units laying there I offered him one of the old window units for a $50 credit which brought the price down to $750. Then, he remembered that none of the door locks worked, so I told him $700...
I also sold the rest of the window units to another friend for $100, so, Technically, i'm in $600....

I should also mention, he replaced the front brake pads, rotors and hubs a couple of months back and would not let me take the car until he did the same on the rear. So, it has all new brakes and hubs on all 4 corners. Also, the AC blows ice cold.

The main reason for the car is to keep miles off my truck. I have a 35 mile round trip to work and my truck is my pride and joy, so, i'd rather put the miles on a beater but, the benefit is nearly doubling the MPG's over the truck.

And, there is no way I am swapping transmissions in this car. it has 216K miles, so, it's getting nothing it doesn't need and will be tossed if any major issues pop up.