View Single Post
Old 07-20-2016, 06:48 AM   #39 (permalink)
gregsfc
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
While I'm waiting for a reply to my question about reorganizing albums...

Are you trying to attach pictures or add them to albums? Are they hosted elsewhere? What reports the 173kb size, the forum? Your OS? The resizing application? Do those others agree?

JPEG itself probably isn't the problem, it's pretty compact. It does offer different levels of compression; at higher levels you get those 'jaggies'.
I know you're trying to help and thanks; but you lost me with a lot of vocabulary I've never read before, e.g. "hosting"?, "jaggies"?, "levels of compression" (sort of understand, but don't know how to change the compression)?, "does those others agree" (do you mean my other pictures; if not, I don't know what "those others" mean).

I've learned just barely enough to post pictures on other forums. It's always worked elsewhere with the same program and the same camera, but I do now, unfortunately have Windows 10, which makes me totally lost instead of just mostly lost trying to manage things. I followed some instructions in the past from another forum and learned how to resize my jpeg photos; looked at the paint options and tools, but couldn't figure out how to change anything but the size in so far as reducing the KB.

Since I couldn't remember the exact rejection message, I went in and tried to upload them again to a bogus post. This time one of them uploaded. The message from the other two were as follows: "Your file of 171.9 KB bytes exceeds the forum's limit of 146.5 for this file type"; "...174.6 KB bytes..."

I'll try to answer the best I can understand. I'm trying to add pictures from my "picture library" on my Dell All-In-One computer. The pictures, which originally came from my camera, I saved them to my computer, resizing them and renaming them before saving from the paint program. I couldn't find the KB size on my computer for the pictures, because I was looking for that to see if I could adjust it.

That's all I know and understand. Thanks for replying.