View Single Post
Old 07-20-2016, 08:35 PM   #18 (permalink)
RustyLugNut
Master EcoModder

Because I was here at the start. Under a team name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhigh View Post
Without digging into the question of whether HHO is a valid technology to discuss on this forum, let alone pursue, I do have one question:

Obviously the topic is met with serious skepticism at the very least on this forum. The discussion generally devolves into a pie fight challenging testing methods, the inefficiencies surrounding the generation of HHO, etc. With these facts in mind, why do you even bother discussing the topic in this venue where it is so clearly unwelcome?

When the topic automatically lands in a category that cannot but call out obvious prejudice - "The Unicorn Corral" - why do you insist on sowing seed on such inhospitable ground? Do you really enjoy the fight that much?

There are other forums out there that are, no doubt, much more receptive to your discussion. I'm not telling you to go away, that's completely beyond my purview and in fact we are all here at the forbearance of the moderators. But I am asking, without calling you names or questioning your methods and ideas: why do you stay?
And I have seen value in this forum.

And you miss the mark when you invite me to join other forums. I have been invited by people scared off from this forum to join them. Most are forums that you would call "weird science". I am not that.

I am also part of more educated forums and they agree on the plausibility of the ideas I have but they are not "hands on" and see no need to forward research. The Higgs Bosun was far more exciting to them.

And I do have a dark side. I do want to sell a real product to everyone and anyone based on the theories I have learned from playing with HHO devices and extending them. Not really. But there is real possibilities here that are being ignored by both the highly educated and the DIY types found on this forum. I find it easier to get a DIY guy to see an idea and run with it than get a physicist to use a chop saw ( trust me, they are a dangerous mix ).

HHO as a fuel in itself is a dead end. I don't have to tell you that. But, it can lead to some interesting applications that I haven't even thought of yet. I get pms and emails from those that stumble upon this forum. They come up with some crazy ideas, and some are worth while!

The fact is, only a handful of people on this forum find my presence offensive. I have no issue with the rest. Do they not deserve an answer to the HHO question?