View Single Post
Old 07-22-2016, 09:46 AM   #32 (permalink)
brucepick
OCD Master EcoModder

Outasight - '00 Honda Insight
Team Honda
Gen-1 Insights
90 day: 54.18 mpg (US)
I'm with NoD. Natalya, you've gone far beyond what I could do, and what I can fully understand.

Mmmmmm. Maybe you need to build a circuit to gradually decrease the road speed that the computer sees? So... if cruising at 80 kph, when you activate the circuit the computer sees a continually dropping speed till it gets to something below 20 MPH (convert to kph). I say that speed because <20 mph is stated in my owner's manual as a requirement for autostop.

Now once speed (apparent to computer) is below 20 mph and autostop activates - I think it stays in a/s as long as its in neutral or clutch is in use, AND (apparent) speed has to stay low.

Side note - About the ambient temperature requirement. There are several threads on IC about splicing a resistor into the temp sensor circuit, to fool the sensor into thinking the ambient air temperature is warm enough for autostop. I now have mine so it will function normally, OR I can switch it to indicate just under 50ºF, which enables autostop.

Leaving it set normally when possible, is good for me, because the climate control system uses the ambient air temp data as an input.

This post in my own thread on IC also includes links to other good sources there. Auto stop issue - Page 2 - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Good Luck with your project - it has huge potential!