View Single Post
Old 07-25-2016, 06:36 PM   #170 (permalink)
NoD~
Master EcoModder

Frogger - '00 Honda Insight Gas Only (unHybrid)
90 day: 68.51 mpg (US)
I'll have to tap the gas and see if it auto-starts like it does in gear (I think it should!).

I got my Daox shifter wired up. Seems to work well, just a gentle push of the button and down she goes.

So on my way to work with the kill switch, I got 99.4 MPG. This is without a warmup (forgot to plug it in last night). On the way home, 85.0 MPG, which is a new record as far as I can remember (usually get low to high 70's). Also note, my car never did hit full 195*F warmup temp, where normally I hit that about half way, so extended coasting with the engine off again feels very good. Combined, a total of 7.4 miles for 91.8 MPG! Man, if I can keep this progress up...

I ran the DC/DC keep-alive to the IMA battery wall, but no further. That one will likely be a weekend job (too hot when I get home from work. I don't do well in the heat).

After that? Unsure. I'm still on the Cooper CS4 tires, but going to the stock tires is $500+ and I really shouldn't drop much more money any time soon into this beast, so I'll be doing cheaper mods for now. Looking at...

-Weather stripping for hood seal for heat, door and hatch for noise
-More under body panels and finishing exhaust tunnel covers
-Adjustable front block (0-50% total lower block)
-Engine Insulation (box, blanket? Who knows)
-Assemble the solar panel for cabin cooling system (and, perhaps, 12v trickle)

Pretty happy with where I'm at with this, though. Seems I've ripped through quite a bit in a short amount of time. Big thanks to this site and it's awesome members for keeping me motivated!!