View Single Post
Old 07-27-2016, 05:14 PM   #87 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,223 Times in 4,650 Posts
to big

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumby79 View Post
Yes Jona will be present .
It's hard to believe that a 2wd ~3" front lowered otherwise stock full size truck is to big for there tunnel. But that was the answer given ,based on pictures with scale I presented to them earlier in the year.
I would like to see the smoke even if the CDa #s are skewed by tunnel wall clearance. We can do naked, headache /ladder rack and aero dressed(3 runs if you desire) . It takes less than 5min to remove the shell (by my self)and less than 5min for the headache rack. @less than 50lbs a 1man job. This "easy removal" was part of the design.
Let's do if we can.It takes 4-minutes to do a data acquisition run,so even if the data is less than perfect,we should see a trend for the different configurations,and this would be the best way to see that.
I can't imagine that the smoke flow would be corrupted so badly that we wouldn't learn something with that as well.
The hardest part is just getting the vehicle in the test section,centered,moving the load cell uprights to fit the wheel track and wheelbase,and strapping the front wheels down.
Also,if we run the truck 'naked',we may have a OEM Cd to compare to the numbers we get,giving us more info about the tunnel itself.
We'll want the bed really clean so missiles don't get sucked into the fans.

Last edited by aerohead; 07-27-2016 at 05:15 PM.. Reason: spelling
The Following User Says Thank You to aerohead For This Useful Post:
BamZipPow (07-29-2016)