View Single Post
Old 08-02-2016, 02:32 AM   #9 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 30.54 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
I finally got Tricare and then dental. For some reason, the dentist insisted on taking care of other things first. Meanwhile, I had a hole in my head. It worked out, though. It was a while before I had enough clients to afford anything and meanwhile, the Army told me my teeth were out of regulations. They ordered me to fix it, but I still could not pay for it. They said they would normally pay to have the tooth pulled, but they were out of money, and three different dentists said it could not be fixed.

Then someone called saying money came in and they extracted my tooth two weeks ago. I went to see my dentist as soon as possible, only to be told I needed to wait three or four months for my bone to fill in.

I could not find much on-line about how much they cost. One local oral surgeon said $2,050 and I found some Groupons for about that price.

My dentist talked about rescheduling and I said I did not know when my coverage would end. She said she normally charged $2,000, but insurance only paid $1,500, and I would be responsible for half of that.

She said that if my coverage ran out, she would only charge me a thousand.

I doubt she will go hungry or otherwise suffer, but I greatly appreciate that. I feel the least I can do is send a card and leave five-star reviews.

I just wonder how much it costs her. If $2,000 is a fair price, do they accept 75% as much for an increase in volume, or because insurance would send patients elsewhere?

Also, I remember figuring out that dental insurance cost about as much as two cleanings a year. Does that sound right?

Have a great day everyone!