View Single Post
Old 08-09-2016, 01:19 PM   #265 (permalink)
noultimatum
EcoModding Lurker

Sippy - '96 Mazda Protege LX
90 day: 40.88 mpg (US)

Jack - '04 Lexus GS300
Don't have enough posts to make a link but I'm referencing this last video that OP posted watch?v=Lv3KRNy8E1U.

I just wrote a long winded response only to have the site tell me I wasn't logged in... I'll try to remember it as best I can. I want to focus on your driving since that's where I could contribute.

A few points before I critique the video.
A. You jerk the wheel a lot for seemingly no reason. Any time you turn like that it's an unnecessary slow down and increase in distance run.
B. Your camera is at a bad angle. Can you put it on the bottom of your chin? That way we can see both wheels.
C. I see you missing the apex a lot. When you have a vehicle without power, then driving/vehicle efficiency are your only variables.

Okay here's a breakdown

8s You jerk the wheel right then left.

16s You shouldhave just aimed for the hay bale on the right as soon as you started.

19s Should have stayed far right and just drifted gently left over the next 30m or so.

21s You move the wheel unnecessarily again.

25s You should have hugged the left curb since you're not going at your best speed to where you need to use that much of the track.

32s Same here. You could have just stayed far left.

39s First speed where you're going fast enough to use the whole track, but I can't see your left wheel so I can't judge, but you turned very tightly to the right and didn't use the road after the turn

46s You add a slalom. WHYYYY. kidding.

50 s. You have almost a meter to the curb. You're now going as fast as you will through these turns. You need to use the whole track. Same on the exit. You only use the left lane after you turn.

1:00 Is your best turn probably.

1:04 At this point you should have hugged the right curb and ridden as close to it all the way to the finish.

Good luck in the next races.
The Following User Says Thank You to noultimatum For This Useful Post:
Fastskiguy (08-14-2016)