View Single Post
Old 08-11-2016, 11:38 AM   #9 (permalink)
mwilliamshs
EcoModding Apprentice

VanDelay - '89 Ford Econoline E-150 XL
90 day: 15.93 mpg (US)

Old White Civic - '98 Honda Civic LX, AT
90 day: 33.18 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmick View Post
You can't prove me in error about port fuel injection correcting the fuel distribution of any inline 6...
Are you saying that having an injector pointing into the port of each cylinder won't provide balanced fuel distribution to any engine, or just to inline 6 cylinder engines? If it's just inline 6's that you claim aren't properly served by this injection strategy, can you explain why? If you claim no engine is properly served by this injection strategy, can you explain why?

Quote:
...all inline 6s will have problems with air distribution unless using a fabricated intake manifold...
Wouldn't any engine have a problem with "air distribution" without an intake manifold? Aren't all manifolds fabricated? My guess is that you mean custom fabricated as opposed to manufactured by a factory somewhere but that's obviously not true.

Quote:
...unless using a fabricated intake manifold of a design not workable without port injection...
So you claim this manifold design must have port injection ("not workable without port injection") to provide adequate air distribution to be workable but port injection won't "correct" the fuel distribution so what's the advantage of this mysterious manifold design?

Quote:
...and such a project would cost more than just swapping to a pfi v6, a big old Ford van could use a newer Ford 4.2L V6 very easily.
A) no interest in swapping a much less durable engine and B) the Ford 4.2L v6 was available OE in fullsize vans starting in 1997 so yeah, it stands to reason a van could use the engine as fitted by Ford.

You seem to have some idea that a v6 is inherently more efficient than an I6. Is that correct?

Last edited by mwilliamshs; 08-11-2016 at 02:28 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to mwilliamshs For This Useful Post:
mcrews (08-11-2016)