View Single Post
Old 08-12-2016, 03:02 AM   #139 (permalink)
freebeard
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,584 Times in 7,068 Posts
kach22i -- I agree with gumby79. The chines (not chimes) are roughly longitudinal and raked.

About the Degenerate Design. It looks like they did it by hand and eye instead of algorithmically. Midway a new points appear in the middle of the windshield and door windows, etc. The final shape is so low poly it could be anything — a pickup truck.

About your Schemes. Once again the vortexes would roll into the underbody. Your solutions all add polygons. If you take the four top faces and raise them, it would chamfer the chine and do more for the problem and only add four vertexes.

ChopStix -- In the background is my father's 1948 Chevy delivery truck. I drove it until I got my first car, the Studebaker. It had double bunks across the back, a kitchenette down the left side and a Buick tube radio bolted to the roof above the engine hood. We drove through drive-ins with the doors slid back.

My mother drove the school bus then and one day it coughed and rolled to a stop because the gas tank had fallen onto the highway.
The Following User Says Thank You to freebeard For This Useful Post:
ChopStix (08-12-2016)