View Single Post
Old 08-12-2016, 04:46 PM   #55 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,227 Times in 4,654 Posts
she's home (kinda)

I called the shop yesterday,they said come at 5:00 PM to pick it up.
The final skinny on the car is that she will need a completely new pack.They've configured her as a 3-cyl. ICE car,with the hybrid function disabled.
They did think that the 12-V battery would be charged.
I picked it up this AM.Made one stop in town,then went straight to Dennis's to give him the news.We'll go to the tax office Monday to do the title transfer,registration,fees,and sales tax.
She failed to turn over leaving Dennis's place.I was able to push start it and make it the short distance home.
The battery charger indicated 10% charge.After 3-hours she was at 97% and after 3-attempts to start her,she cranked and fired.I've got a fully-charged spare battery in the car.
So, I can't run the AC.I can't drive her after dark.If I drive in rain,the headlights and wipers will accelerate depletion.Even rolling the windows up or down is a drain on the battery.I'll just have to figure putting her on the charger each evening.
I'll see how she does between now and Thursday morning when I'm scheduled to go to Mineral Wells.
We're supposed to have a cold front,drop temps.Breaking down in this heat would be a bad day.
If I can rely on her at all it will allow me to tear the T-100 apart for some of the more major mods.
In late September,when the trip is behind me I can assess my situation and see where I'm at,budget wise.
BamZipPow (08-12-2016)