View Single Post
Old 08-12-2016, 10:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
MPGeo
EcoModding Apprentice

MPGeo - '93 Geo Metro Base
90 day: 67.51 mpg (US)
Another METRO Project

Hello Everyone... New subscriber to the site, but have been following the site for a few years now.

But I have re-started my 93 Geo Metro project and wanted to share.

I drive 120 miles round trip to work everyday, and for obvious reasons a good fuel efficient vehicle helps.

I had owned a 91 Metro Convertible earlier in life, and I knew a bit about them then... so when I ran across my metro in 2011 I knew I had to make it into a reliable mode of transportation. I purchased the car for $200, not running but body was in excellent shape. It has factory 12's and was automatic.

Some tome in 2012 I purchased a second parts car metro with a non working engine and missing body panels and engine components and no wheels... But it had what I was looking full manual transmission setup... Bought that 2nd car also for $200.

So I have already performed the manual tranny swap back in 2012, and fixed the engine issues, and had it on the road for about 3wks and was loving it... but it started loosing compression in cyl #3... and loosing 1/3 of your power output on a Geo is not fun... So I parked the car, pulled the engine with intentions of completely rebuilding engine and transmission...and life has happened but I have been hanging on to both of my Geos for the last 5yrs against my wife's advice... Knowing that one day...

So the day arrived... last week I brought the car in my garage and it is currently undergoing massive heart surgery, but plan to have it on the road in the next two weeks.

My ULTIMATE goal with this project is to use it as a test bed and take all the lessons learned and apply them to an ELIO to get at least 120mpg.. so I can drive back and forth to work for 1gl us a day...

But in the mean time I have challenged myself to reach a 100MPG goal with this project... So, much work will be required but, it will be fun

Last edited by MPGeo; 08-12-2016 at 10:42 PM.. Reason: gramatical errors
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MPGeo For This Useful Post:
Ecky (08-13-2016), elhigh (09-29-2016), Joggernot (08-13-2016), ME_Andy (09-19-2016)