View Single Post
Old 08-13-2016, 07:23 AM   #6 (permalink)
zeroyon223
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by D15r View Post
Hey man, I'm new too and from nz and have an ek3 lol, been lurking for awhile too.
I'm impressed with your 48mpg average with cvt. My thoughts are 60mpg average is not possible within reason with your set up.

My manual ek3 with non vtec d15b averages around the same as your cvt with mixed driving. I'm not sure my engine is running in an optimal state as my previous auto ek3 sedan managed 5.4/100 average with no mods and occasionally using a/c. I expected easy 4.5/100 out of my manual so I'm little disapointed.
Hey man, that's pretty good mileage for mixed driving! How many rpm does yours do at 100?
I just cleaned out the EGR passages and ports on the inlet manifold today, they were completely blocked! Apparently this can yield more mpg. I drive from Rotorua to Hamilton every day in it, and if you know that road, it's not exactly flat lol. I'm yet to try a long run on a nice flat road, I've only had the car for a bit over a month, brought it specifically for high mpg on a budget. Cold weather seems to have an effect on mpg and I'm still learning what works driving wise and using the transmission the best way.
Do you think any different brands of fuel here give any better mpg than the others?
I'd like to get to 4.5l/100km too!