Thread: Noob From Aus
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2016, 09:27 PM   #7 (permalink)
thepunisher
EcoModding Lurker

Pink Bits - '98 Toyota Starlet Life Max
Team Toyota
90 day: 53.22 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtamiyaphile View Post
I came to the same conclusion, except I still have my R32 for the moment. I think a car that does 0-100km/h in around 10seconds is the sweet spot for a 'sports' road car. I also like being able to use most of the gears, with a Skyline it's 1st, 2nd, Police siren.

When I used to cycle 20km into the city, I found it was faster than driving though. I even got a chance to prove it once when a girl saw me (her in her car- me on my bike) near my house, then at our destination I over took her as she walked in from the car park. Had I known we were racing I'd have gone faster That was on my then heavy XC bike, an E-bike conversion would make that thing a rocket.
I agree with 1st, 2nd, Police siren, 2nd gear does about 100km at redline! which is fun to hit with the RB20.

E-Bikes are pretty awesome things, if I go flat out it takes me less than 30mins to get to work compared to car which takes 35-40mins - especially when hypermiling. The only issue going flat out is that I need to charge it again at work to make it home which is a bit of a hassle. The bike route is shorter at 20km compared to 25km by car but this is also outer suburban traffic, if it was the same distance in city driving the E-bike would smash commute time of cars AND you don't get all sweaty so no need for shower at work