View Single Post
Old 08-19-2016, 03:50 PM   #13 (permalink)
Vman455

Pope Pious the Prius - '13 Toyota Prius Two
Team Toyota
SUV
90 day: 51.62 mpg (US)

Tycho the Truck - '91 Toyota Pickup DLX 4WD
90 day: 22.22 mpg (US)
Thanked 1,802 Times in 939 Posts
You're doing mostly highway? My build thread for my previous car should be of some interest. I averaged just under 50mpg over two years in an EX with manual tranmission. You'll find pictures of my mirror delete and front bumper project in there too. I had custom coilovers as well, but those were from when I autocrossed the car; now I would find cheap lowering springs (like I did with my current car).

If you don't mind your trunk looking raggedy, you can ditch all the trim pieces and floor, but leave the spare. I also removed the front speakers, sway bar, possibly some other things (it was a while ago).

I replaced my stock alloys with heavier steel wheels with moon caps--I think improved aerodynamics trumps weight any day, especially when we're talking small differences like wheel weight. Insight wheels would be the best of both, but I don't know if they fit. Considering you already have the steel wheels, I would put smooth wheel covers on (you could make your own out of coroplast or pizza pans, even) and call it done.
The Following User Says Thank You to Vman455 For This Useful Post:
CappAttack (08-21-2016)