View Single Post
Old 08-20-2016, 09:35 AM   #67 (permalink)
KenS
EcoModding Lurker

Moon Car - '00 Honda Insight
Daox
Welcome to Insight ownership. I have 2 of these at this time. Both 2000 models. The 2000 model was manual tranny only. The manual tranny cars came with Lean burn. I did a repair on one of my cars. The trip button was dead so I bought another dash display panel and switched them out. The panel change fixed the trip selection button issue but, the car mileage changed to the previous donor car's mileage. Total mileage is kept in the circuitry of that panel. So, an easy change of vehicle lifetime mileage can be done by changing that dash panel display. I did go back and change out the button board in the assembly to return the original dash panel to the car. Those pedals are usually a tattle tale to extended mileage or heavy in town driving. That pedal wear creates an interest to check this one out. I am not saying this has been done, but something to look into. On another note, I have one insight that has 293,000+ miles. That car just keeps on trucking. There are insights in the 350,000 mile range still on the road. You have made a good choice for a hybrid. Continue the questions about the car. There are many people knowledgeable of these cars. Be sure and join up with the insight central forum group. Cheers.