View Single Post
Old 08-22-2016, 08:54 PM   #105 (permalink)
The donkey CRX
Master EcoModder

MULE VX - '92 Honda civic VX
Team Honda
90 day: 92.6 mpg (US)

White 94 VX "Show Car" - '94 Honda Civic VX VX
90 day: 79.92 mpg (US)

The Walrus - '02 Honda Insight base
Gen-1 Insights
90 day: 100.88 mpg (US)
Reply to Francis

I agree, I think this rad by-pass would help you keep your water temp in a more efficient range in winter. You may even get better heat ups if you insulate the by-pass hose since water is constantly circulating thru the hose.

I got the 3 inch "throw" push pull cable and mounting hardware from JEGS. They have many lengths needed for our custom applications. The cable was about $50 and each of the mounting hardware for each end is $10 each.

All the other items I got from E-Bay.

The 1 inch stainless T valve is the most specific item needed. The ball inside this valve must have 3 holes in it which forms a T pattern thru the ball. Some other valves only have 2 holes which form an "L" pattern in the ball and will not work in this application. It cost about $50 and came from China.

All the other items are more commonly available:

One brass 1" T fitting
Threaded 1" brass Hose barbs for the valve and T to accept 1" radiator hose.
The radiator hose is the standard Honda 1992 VX bottom rad hose shortened about 4 inches.

All the mounting hardware for the valve is custom formed from .090 inch thick aluminum plate. and 2- 1 1/2" "U" clamps.

Because the mounting of this valve is such a "custom" application for your
vehicle, I would not be comfortable trying to do the fabrication unless I had access to your car. But I would be happy to try to answer any questions you my have. Thanks
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The donkey CRX For This Useful Post:
echo-francis (08-22-2016), Joggernot (08-23-2016), TDFbound (11-20-2018)