View Single Post
Old 08-23-2016, 09:25 PM   #107 (permalink)
The donkey CRX
Master EcoModder

MULE VX - '92 Honda civic VX
Team Honda
90 day: 92.6 mpg (US)

White 94 VX "Show Car" - '94 Honda Civic VX VX
90 day: 79.92 mpg (US)

The Walrus - '02 Honda Insight base
Gen-1 Insights
90 day: 100.88 mpg (US)
Francis, The 3 way valve appears to be just like the one I am using in the 1 inch size, so I am very confident you can make it work in your application.

On my car, the two ball positions shown in figure "3" are what I am using. The one on the left is when all the water is exiting the engine block and going to the radiator. The figure on the right is when the water from the block is diverted down the by-pass hose. The water is entering the valve from the left side in both figures. The ball valve handle only has to rotate 90 degrees to make this transition. The push pull cable cannot move the handle much more than 90 degrees.

On the two figures you circled, the handle would need to move 180 degrees, which would cause the cable to bind. My simple mind thinks by using both of the figure "3" positions and orienting the valve for your application, you can make the 90 degree handle movement work. The ball valve may be "upside down" with the handle also "upside down". I may be missing something here and just be focused on the solution that worked for me. So feel free to ignore what I have written above.

I was able to find 3 options for the 1.25 inch brass hose barbs on Amazon. Sorry I don't know how to post links, but the company names are as follows:

Best price seems to be from "Super Whole"

Next is Anderson Metals and then Duba Diesel.

Hope this helps.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The donkey CRX For This Useful Post:
echo-francis (08-23-2016), TDFbound (11-20-2018)