View Single Post
Old 08-25-2016, 06:47 AM   #14 (permalink)
UltArc
Hydrogen > EV

Silver Flea - '05 Honda Insight
90 day: 58.96 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesqf View Post
But quick and fast are entirely different things. Quick is how long it takes to get to a certain speed, usually 0-60. The Tesla is quick, but it is not particularly fast for a high-performance car - at least per Google, which says it's limited to 155 mph, while the Bugatti Veyron can reach over 250 mph.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post
Since the P90D came out, I was thinking the only way to get faster has been done already. . . Chaparral 2J.

This eeriely mimics my thought process on the topic of "quickest" production car: Is The Tesla Model S P100D Really The Quickest Production Car Ever?*
My message would be clearer if the included link was reviewed. I share your view that general "fast" is closer to top speed, while "quick" refers to acceleration.

That article also notes production cars, while the Buggatti Veyron is no longer in production. My comment on faster was an adjective referring to acceleration, mainly that to get a faster acceleration, we are at our limit without new tire grip levels, or without more downforce. Of course, aerodynamic downforce doesn't occur while stationary- but the 2J can adjust that.

Best Tanks:
Mustang - 54.83 mpg (US) at the Green Grand Prix
Insight - 82.91966 mpg (US) over 818.5 miles.