View Single Post
Old 08-30-2016, 01:11 AM   #40 (permalink)
jamesqf
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
Yeah, there are tons of reason why an EV is a poor choice for some people. Mostly, they cost too much.
Huh? The current crop of EVs are priced in the same ballpark as the upper end of what the major automakers offer - that is, not Ferraris, Porsches, or Bentleys. Though of course ANY new car costs more that I'm willing to spend on a vehicle (maybe when used ones get down under $10K or so), but other people obviously do spend that sort of money on their cars.

Quote:
After that, it's access to charging. Even people with garages tend to store crap in them instead of their vehicles.
But storing stuff and being a workshop is what a garage is FOR. Why would anyone (outside of a high crime area) bother to put a car inside every night? For charging, you just park close to the door and plug in the cord.

Quote:
My point isn't that range isn't a concern, it's that it's a very minor one when compared to the other 2 big reasons preventing people from owning them.
Well, that may be the case for you, but it's not so for everyone, or I expect even the majority.

Last edited by jamesqf; 08-30-2016 at 01:34 AM..