Thread: 2006 Aveo build
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2016, 11:49 AM   #23 (permalink)
06Aveo43061
Stock MPG 22city/32 hwy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19bonestock88 View Post

For the wheel skirts, read MetroMPG's write-up, and possibly my thread in the Aero section... I spent around an hour making my clips and reinforcement bar, about fifteen minutes epoxying the clips to my fender lip, and then around a day making the skirts themselves(again coroplast is your friend, or maybe plexiglass)... I made the mistake of not mapping the curve beforehand, so it took forever, and mine came out less than professional...
I've seen his thread. I honestly don't know if the wheel skirts are possibility with my current wheels. They're 1 1/4" wider than my factory wheels (I get bad winters, was originally for more tire on the road during our bad winters). So if I still have these wheels, I'm probably only going to do spats in the rear. At the minimum with these wheels, I'm going to attempt to close out the excessive fender gaps. With the new suspension and weight reduction done at the same time, it left my car looking like a monster truck. If I do the full skirts, they'll have to bubble out quite a bit as the tires extend beyond the side of the car by about an inch.